Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Five!!

Murfreesboro, TN ---> Lynchburg, TN 42 Miles
Lynchburg, TN --->Cumming, GA 207 Miles

Today was going to be a short day of driving, so we decided to stop by Lynchburg TN. Why? Because that is the only place in the world were Jack Daniel's Whisky is made!
The weirdest thing is that Moore County where the distillery(pic 2) is located, has been a dry county since prohibition. They give free tours, but only my boyfriend was able to go because one of us had to stay with our dog Lexi, and turtle. So I took Lexi on a little walk around the distillery(pic 1, 3, 4). It seems the way they make the whisky is pretty neat! Jack's greatgrand niece still lives there and is in charge of tasting for quality. Because of some loophole, they are able to sell special edition bottles.
The fifth picture is simply how we felt driving through Atlanta!

5 comments:

Bella said...

Aggravating Atlanta, eh? The flower is beautiful.

yammy said...

When I drove through Atlanta I almost cried! It was scary and the people, not so nice! Now I see why people in big cities are angry!

yammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yammy said...

Weird I don't know why your comment didn't show up mom. but when I posted it showed up twice!

mar said...

thats me in the car driving in the A-T-L.